Shinjuku Disaster Prevention Festa 2018
A fun and hands-on event about Disaster Prevention for everyone, including adults, children, youth, non-Japanese nationals, and people with disabilities.
The next major disaster that strike Japan could be a large-scale earthquake right under Tokyo.
Based on this information, some might feel anxious:
“What do I do to protect myself from an earthquake or fire?”
“Do evacuation centers accept and provide appropriate services for people with disabilities?”
“I wish there were more disaster drills for non-Japanese residents.”
“I would like to help as a volunteer after a disaster occurs.”
You may think about these issues from time to time, but how many people actually make it a priority in their daily lives?
It is normal if you have not taken any actions related to disaster prevention, as it is extremely difficult to imagine these scenarios without some help.
Therefore, we organize annual events, where community members can learn about disaster prevention in a fun and interactive way.
This will be the 3rd time that the Shinjuku Disaster Prevention Festa takes place. Last year, about 3,200 people participated.
Come and join us with your family and friends!
- September 2nd 2018 (Sun), 11:00 – 16:00
- Toyama Metropolitan Park, Shinjuku Sports Center
3-5-1 Okubo, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo[Google MAP]
- Free-of-charge. Come to the venue on the day of the event.
(Pre-registration is required for some programs. Please click here for details.)
- Shinjuku Disaster Prevention Festa 2018 Organizing Committee(Japanese information only)
- Outdoor programs：
− Disaster prevention training for children
− Live performances on stage
− Disaster prevention drill (including riding a fire truck, earthquake simulation machine, extinguishing a fire, etc.)
− Experiencing disaster volunteer activities
− Food & drinks; booths exhibited by corporations and nonprofit organizations
- Indoor programs：
− Learning and supporting people with disabilities: People with special needs in disasters event
− Disaster management seminar for non-Japanese residents (language support available)
− Lifesaving training (pre-registration required)
− Special exhibition corner
- The event will proceed as planned in case of light rain. Some parts of the program may change in case of bad weather.
- Interpreters will be available at the event. (English, Chinese, Korean, etc.)If you need an interpreter, please come to the “Information Tent”.
* We are currently seeking supporting organizations/corporations for this event. Please click here for details. (Japanese information only)